Trinny & Susannah in their book The Survival Guide: A Woman’s Secret Weapon For Getting Through The Year say that July is the time to think about the art of not looking your age by learning some new beauty tips
- Go to bed early: Sleeping is not a waste of precious time, it is your bodies most valuable time. Make sure your bed is as calm, comfortable & inviting as possible.
- Camomile tea: A cup of camomile tea at bedtime helps to bring forth sweet dreams.
- Pillow spray: Use a heavenly pillow spray to create a sense of relaxation & wellbeing.
- Fish oils: Eat three portions of oily fish a week. Try sardines, salmon, mackerel, anchovies, trout or herring. They all count as good brain food.
- Water: Drink lots of water, 2 litres a day is recommended to flush out toxins & keep skin hydrated & looking good.
- Sing: It expands the lungs & makes you feel great. Let the neighbours think what they want to.
- Detox once a year: Every major world religion includes a period of fasting, a recognition that it is necessary to rest the digestive system periodically. The western diet is rich in fats, meat, refined sugar & wheat, all of which can leave you feeling tired & sluggish. There are plenty of detox diets around, ranging from complete fasting to juice or raw energy diets. Browse the internet & check out your local bookstore to find one that suits you. They recommend detox gurus Dr Gillian McKeith & Leslie Kenton.