I didn’t achieve as many of my June goals as I would have liked but I did manage to tick off a few and with the start of July here I now have a whole new chance to achieve a few more goals
Gretchen Rubin in her book The Happiness Project dedicated July to Money: buying some happiness with the following ideas:
- Indulge in a modest splurge
- Buy needful things
- Spend out
- Give something up
Sarah Ban Breathnach in her book Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy suggests the following joyful simplicities for July to help bring more harmony to your everyday life:
- Rediscover the Bible.
- Dip into books with a culinary theme.
- Arrange a dinner around a film.
- Bake a cake
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Read Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
- Add some lace to your life.
- Frame a childhood picture of yourself
- Start forcing bulbs of hyacinths
- Wear perfume everyday
- Try a red lipstick
- Treat yourself to one long stem rose for your desk
- Listen to Cole Porter
- Watch Out of Africa
- Read Isak Dinesen & Beryl Markham
- Make a batch of old fashioned chocolate fudge
- Create a sacred space
Trinny & Susannah in their book The Survival Guide: A Woman’s Secret Weapon For Getting Through The Year say that July is the time to think about the art of not looking your age by doing some of the following:
- Sort your skiing kit
- Book a mid-winter facial & eyelash tint
- Make a start on your bikini body by giving up cappuccino & croissants
- Turn your mattress
- Clean your jewellery
- Introduce some spiritual solutions to your everyday life
- Learn ways to meditate
- Learn some new beauty tips
- Learn how to eat your way to gorgeousness
Kim Carruthers in her book Less is More: How to De-clutter Your Life she says July is the perfect time to:
- Sort & clean school & work bags
- Reassess your families goals
- Continue planning for the Christmas holidays
- Sort your tax return
Rhonda Hetzel in her book The Simple Home: A Month-by-month Guide To Self-Reliance, Productivity and Contentment says that July is the time for simple home bakes.