I didn’t get through as many of my May goals as I would have liked but I did manage to tick off a few and with the start of June a whole new month and a whole new chance to achieve a few more goals
Gretchen Rubin in her book The Happiness Project dedicated June to Friendship: making time for friends with the following ideas:
- Remember Birthdays
- Be generous
- Show up
- Don’t gossip
- Make three new friends
Sarah Ban Breathnach suggest in her book Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy suggests the following joyful simplicities for June:
- Place photographs of those you love, family, friends & pets & other things you’re grateful for in magnetic picture frames on your fridge.
- Stock your pantry for a winters idyll with real cocoa, mini marshmallows, a bar of good dark chocolate for shaved chocolate toppings, whipped cream, canned tomato soup & ingredients for cheese toasted sandwiches.
- Bake some dense, dark, moist gingerbread for afternoon teas & deserts.
- Get yourself a pair of white & pink flannel PJ’s
- Find a good junk store to regularly forage in.
- Visit the local library to scout out new magazines you might like to start subscribing to.
- Force some miniature daffodils, paper whites, hyacinths & tulips to brighten your spirits & home with colour & fragrance in winter.
- Browse through gardening catalogues & magazines & create your ideal garden in your illustrated discovery journal
- Start ordering seeds & plants to begin planting next month.
Trinny & Susannah in their book The Survival Guide: A woman’s Secret Weapon For Getting Through The Year say that June is the time to think about being happy, healthy & wise by doing some of the following:
- Send postcards to people you haven’t seen in ages
- Plan your Christmas Holidays
- Make an appointment for a cervical smear
- Keep lavender essential oil in your handbag as an emergency disinfectant on the go.
- Get a plan & stock your home with the essentials to cope with all sorts of medical moments from colds to emergencies.
- Learn to stabilise energy levels, correct imbalances & conquer PMT
- Buy yourself the perfect winter coat as a treat
Kim Carruthers in her book Less is More: How to De-clutter Your Life she says June is the perfect time to plan a Mid Winter Christmas, invite the friends you don’t get a chance to see very often & serve a roast dinner, Christmas pudding & mulled wine.
Rhonda Hetzel in her book The Simple Home: A Month-by-month Guide To Self-Reliance, Productivity and Contentment says that Junes task is the preserving & storing of food.